【#四六级考试# 温馨提示】成功=时间+方法，自制力是这个等式的保障。世上无天才，高手都是来自刻苦的练习。而大家往往只看到“牛人”闪耀的成绩，忽视其成绩背后无比寂寞的勤奋。以下是®备考帮整理的内容，希望对您有所帮助。1. Would you mind ____ quiet for a moment? I"m trying ____ of form.
A) keeping,to fill out
B) keeping,filling out
C) keep,to fill out
D) to keep,to fill out
2. Mercury is different from other industrial metals ____ it is a liquid.
A) because of
C) in that
3. He made a hypothesis ____ the great storms on the sun create large amounts of electric energy.
A) why B) which
C) when D) that
4. He had the ____ over other boys of having had very good preschool education.
A) alternative B) advantage
C) ability D) challenge
5. ____ went to the birthday party last night.
A) Many friends of John
B) Many John’s friends
C) Many of John friends
D) Many friends of John"s
6. —"Are you tired?"
—"No, not ____."
A) in the least
B) at the least
C) so to speak
D) at least
7. The notice says that no books in the reading room are allowed ____ out of it.
A) to take
D) to be taken
8. ____ in the front row and ____ a pair of binoculars I saw everything
clearly and beautifully.
9. ____ they want to the bar to enjoy a drink.
A) No sooner had they got to know the news when
B) Hardly they had got to know the news than
C) No sooner had they got to know the news than
D) Scarcely had they got to know the news than
10. At the beginning of a year, everybody ____ many plans for the comingdays.
A) come up with
B) come up to
C) come through
D) come round
安静一会儿好吗?我正在填表。习惯用法的考查。Would you mind doing something?(你介意做……吗?)。 try to do something(努力或设法做……。)
A)because of因为、由于，后接名词。B)though而、却。C)in that因为，由于，后接从句。D)though尽管。
在接受良好的学前教育方面，他比其他的孩子有优势。习惯用法的考查。have the advantage over在……方面占优势。A)alternative二者择一;C)ability能力;D)challenge挑战。
昨晚约翰的很多朋友去参加了生日晚会。本句考查的是语法中名词的双重所有格：of + 名词’s ，此结构常用于表示部分概念或带有一定的感情 色彩。
——“你累吗?”——“一点儿也不累。”习惯用法的考查。A)not in the least 一点儿也不;B)at (the) least至少;C)so to speak可以这么说。
告示上说阅览室的书不允许被带出去。本题考查动词的用法。动词allow后跟不定式做宾语。本题属于被动语态，故应用be allowed to be done。
他们一知道那个消息，就去酒吧喝酒庆祝。本题考查倒装。no sooner...than..., hardly/scarcely...when...,都表示“一……就……”。当no sooner或 hardly/scarcely置于句首时，主谓要倒装。
新年伊始，每个人都为将来制定了很多计划。动词词组的考查。A) come up with(提出、提供)。B)come to合计、苏醒;C)come through通过、穿过;D)come round过来、绕过。1. He arrived very late at night, in the early hours this morning.
A) in conclusion B) or rather C) on the whole D) by and large
2. Mother always taught me to be thrifty and not to live .
A) beyond my means B) out of place C) at my leisure D) around the clock
3. President Banda’s background as a doctor has given him into the medical problems that face the country.
A) a view B) a vision C) an insight D) a sight
4. In New York there is a shifting population of vagrants usually with an unhealthy for alcohol.
A) attitude B) aptitude C) appetite D) altitude
5. Cars and motorcycles are similar they are both privately owned means of transport.
A) so that B) in that C) for that D) in which
6. The exhibition of poor sportsmanship a sense of disgust in all who witnessed it.
A) rose B) arose C) aroused D) raised
7. When the nurse took his temperature, it was two degrees above .
A) regular B) ordinary C) average D) normal
8. The traveler looks like an Englishman, but his foreign accent gave him .
A) away B) out C) off D) over
9. We Americans do a lot of business lunch, but people here prefer to tell stories.
A) in B) over C) within D) without
10. He just cannot to the different life style here in America.
A) alter B) modify C) adapt D) adopt1.The results are as ____ :First was Sweden,then Germany,then Ireland.
A)to follow B)follows C)follow D)followed
2.He did have a lot of facts to ____ his arguments.
A)back up B)bring out C)count up D)cover up
3.I’d rather you ____ to me politely.
A)speak B)spoke C)speaking D)to speak
4.They expected there____ more reviewing time before the final exams.
A)is B)have been C)being D)to be
5.We collected many stories that had been ____from generation to generation .
A)kept away B)stored up C)piled on D)handed down
6.____ is no reason for discharging him.
A)Owing to a few minutes being late B)Due to a few minutes late
C)Because be was a few minutes late D)The fact that he was a few minutes late
7.She has made ____ of a name for herself in the world of tennis.
A)anybody B)something C)somebody D)sometimes
8.I couldn’t ____ the thought of leaving my hometown for ever.
A)bear B)carry C)offered D)support
9.Why is ____ you are so late for the class?
A)it that B)that it C)it D)that
10.I____ that you and Tom and Jack have all finished this work.
A)worry B)show C)display D)suspect