Littering/ Rubbish Problem
1. The roads scattered with all sorts of trash are a disgrace and the railway line are littered with decaying rubbish.
2. One third of all waste produced is made up of packaging materials.
3. Litter attracts vermin , causes a fire hazard, pollutes waterways and detracts from the amenity of public parks and gardens.
4. What we are doing now is wasteful of resources and unfriendly to the environment.
5. People show an appalling disregard for the environment. They have no respect for the environment.
6. We lack adequate facilities to dispose of rubbish of all kinds. For instance, not many dustbins are seen along streets.
7. The quickening tempo of modern lifestyle also contributes partly to the increasing rubbish problem, because many people prefer takeaway fast food and the use of disposable items for the convenience’s sake.
8. Disposable packaging and items become fashionable these days, from baby nappies to milk cartons to burger wrappers.
9. We are now living in a consumer-oriented society.
1. Public activities should be sponsored by government to promote the public awareness of environmental protection. Make sure that everyone is a conscious preserver.
2. Our government should take stronger and harsher measures to combat the littering behavior.
3. Use environmentally-friendly materials.
4. Minimally packaged goods should be encouraged.
5. The rubbish should be classified scientifically so that the procedure can achieve high efficiency.
6. People should learn to recycle. For instance, we should set up bins around town to collect glass, paper, and aluminum that can be converted back into raw materials, then made them into new products.